SONIC DESIGN PROJECT 2

9 Oct 2020 - 30 Oct 2020 (week 7 - week 10)
Ahmed Baahy Suhail (0333925)
Sonic Design
Project 2



INSTRUCTIONS





PROJECT 2

For this project, we were tasked to create a fairytale narration. The primary focus of this project was dialogue and clarity of voice but background sounds had to also be added where necessary. After searching through multiple choices, I picked " Puss in Boots".


I then decided which part of the story to narrate over and decided to trim the video from minute 3:12 to 5:21.

Next, I wrote the script so that it is easier for me during recording. 




Next, I went on to narrate the dialogue for all three characters. It was quite a challenge to manipulate my voice in different ways but was fun nonetheless. I also downloaded some free sound effects from epidemic sounds and freesounds. 

After the recording process was over, I moved on to cleaning up my narrations and arranging the sound effects in Adobe Audition. Here are some screenshots of the process. 

Arranging sounds in Audition

Noise reduction process for dialogue

Here is my draft 1.



After getting feedback from Mr. Razif, I finished off my project. Here is the final outcome. 







Comments

Popular Posts