SONIC DESIGN PROJECT 1

11 Sept 2020 - 2 Oct 2020 ( week 3-week 6)
Ahmed Baahy Suhail (0333925)
Sonic Design
Project 1



INSTRUCTIONS





PROJECT 1

For this project, we were provided with some scenarios to choose from. I chose "everyday home life + background. This is my story idea.

Story/ Scenario : Everyday Home Life + Background

Story : It's almost 10pm. Guy wakes up after taking a nap. Goes into the toilet to freshen up, gets changed, and goes down to make some instant coffee. There are teenagers partying outside, so as he makes the coffee, he shuts the window. To the wall opposite, however, he hears his loud neighbors on the other side of the wall. As he doodles, waiting for his coffee to cool down, he hears the doorbell ringing.   


After receiving feedback from Mr. Razif, I wrote down my story in more detail. 

Updated Story : It's almost midnight. Guy wakes up after taking a nap. He is woken up by an alarm and goes to the toilet to brush his teeth. There is television sounds coming from the apartment up top. After that he puts on some clothes and runs down the staircase to make some instant coffee. He hears teenagers partying outside from the kitchen window so as he makes the coffee, he shuts the window. He then finishes making his coffee, takes a sip, and walks over to his working table. He puts down his mug and sits down. He hears his loud neighbors on the other side of the wall. and their kids running around. He starts to doodle on his sketchbook using his pencil. He is greeting by his cat who wanders around him for a while. Shortly after, the doorbell rings multiple times. He hears kids outside laughing and running away.   


I used epidemic sounds and freesounds to get my sound effects. After downloading all the files, I went on to putting them together in the multitrack session of Audition.

Here is what I had before class. I had not finished adding in all the sounds. 


After getting feedback from Mr. Razif, I went on to finish adding all my sounds in as well as making the necessary amendments. 

Here is my draft. 



After getting more feedback from Mr. Razif, I finished up my project 1. Here are some screenshots of my process in Adobe Audition.

Adding reverb to the bathroom scene

Arranged/ layered sounds

Arranged/ layered sounds

Panning and adjusting volume


Here is my final outcome for project 1. 







Comments

Popular Posts