ADVANCED ANIMATION PROJECT 2

2 November 2020 - 16 November 2020 (week 11- week 13)
Ahmed Baahy Suhail (0333925)
Advanced Animation
Project 2



INSTRUCTIONS





 PROJECT 2 - PRODUCTION

From this week onwards, we started our production phase. After going through multiple rigs, I ended up choosing this rig named "Jerry" 

Model and rig credit:

Rigged by Truong Cg Artist
Modeled by Czy Ampongan lordczy@gmail.com
This character is for the film by Alan Chung https://vimeo.com/216620089
Alan Chung achung115@gmail.com




This is the first pass of my animatic. 


Mr Kannan said to hold the poses as right now the animation is too flowy. Hence, I redid the block out and it turned out much better. 

Front view

Mr Kannan said that my animation was floating, which makes it look unnatural. 

Cameras applied

I then continued to progressively refine my animation over the next couple of weeks. I decided to activate the character's textures so that it was easier to work. I started to work on Jerry's facial expressions and lip-sync. I also experimented with my cameras to find the best shots for my scenes. 




The cleaning up process took a lot of time as there were so many things to adjust such as my timings, rhythm, and reactions. 




Here are my scene confirmations and shots. I still have to polish up my animation and further adjust my animation timings as Mr Kannan told me that my character was still floating and the rhythm of my animation was a bit off. 




Keeping in mind the feedback Mr Kannan gave me about my animation, I went on to adjust my timings and rhythm, by holding the necessary keyframes. I noticed some reactions/movements of my character were unnatural, especially at the start where he suddenly turns around. I made the pose more natural and it made a huge difference. I also worked on refining the facial expressions and also added a subtle stretch and squash to the face. Here is my fully polished animation. 



As I was done with my character animation, I can finally start thinking about set design, props, and textures. II first modeled the walls and floor just to establish the setting. I wanted to save time, so downloaded the majority of my props from Sketchfab. This is how my set looks after arranging my props. 





After creating the set, I moved on to applying texture to all the imported 3D props.
I first applied textures to my walls, floor, and couch, as that would help to give me a better idea of color combinations for my setup. In the end, I went for this look. 











Comments

Popular Posts