3D MODELING FINAL PROJECT

1 June 2020 -  26 July 2020 ( week 8 - week 15  )
Ahmed Baahy Suhail (0333925)
3D modeling 
Final project



INSTRUCTIONS






FINAL PROJECT - 3D Character Workflow 

Mr. Kannan decided to combine project 2 and the final project due to time constraints. That way, we'll also understand the complete workflow of 3D character creation. The character I decided to come up with is a stylized boy that is obsessed with birds and acts as a guardian. Here is my concept.   


Fig 1.1: Concept


To start off, I began my block out in Zbrush


Fig 1.2: Block out


Fig 1.3: Block out


Fig 1.3: Block out


After receiving feedback, I decided to remake my block out but with a new tool that we learned called Zsphere.


Fig 1.3: Zsphere block out


Fig 1.4: Zsphere block out


Fig 1.5: Zsphere block out


Fig 1.4: Zsphere block out


After my block out was complete, I proceeded to add details onto the body and define the muscles of my model.  I wanted to go for a stylized approach therefore as I was sculpting, I looked at examples for reference. 


Fig 1.5: Process of sculpting 


Fig 1.6: Process of sculpting


Fig 1.7: Body front view


Fig 1.8: Body side view


Fig 1.9: Body 3/4 view


After the muscles were defined, I added details to my model.


Fig 2.1: Detailing head


Fig 2.2: Fixing eyes


Fig 2.3: Fixing hand 


Fig 2.3: Re-positioning hand


Fig 2.4: Hand fixed 


After the main details on the body were added, I began the extraction process for the clothes, hair etc. 


Fig 2.5: Extraction process pants


Fig 2.6: Pants extracted


Fig 2.7: Extraction process


Fig 2.8: Masked before extraction
   

Fig 2.9: Model front view


Fig 3.1: Model 3/4 view


Fig 3.2: Model 3/4 close up view


Fig 3.3: Model back view 


Fig 3.4: Model side view


Fig 3.5: Model top view


Mr. Kannan told me to fix how the T-shirt looked from the back therefore I proceeded to amend the folds of it. 

After that was done, I went on to create low poly versions of all my subtools using Zremesher. 


Fig 3.6: Making low poly of subtools


After all the low polys were created and saved, I encountered an error in Zbrush where every time I tried to save, it would show me this message and not allow me to save the model. Thankfully, this happened at the last minute when my model was fully ready for retopology  therefore I was very relieved. 


Fig 3.7: Error message


Fig 3.9: Retopology process


Fig 3.8: Retopology progress


After finishing retopology, I went on to import all my low polys into Maya. 


Fig 3.9: Low poly model imported 


I then began to UV map and baking of all the different subtools. Here are some screenshots of the process. 


Fig 4.1: UV map process body 


Fig 4.2: UV map process T-shirt


Fig 4.3: UV map process eyebrows


Fig 4.4: Baking process body


Fig 4.5: Baking process body


Fig 4.6: Saving as OBJ


I then opened the low poly model with all the baked normal maps in  Substance Painter.


Fig 4.7: Opening up model in Substance Painter


Fig 4.8:  Model ready to be colored and textured


Fig 4.9: Experimentation in Substance Painter


Fig 5.1: Adding final materials in Substance Painter

Once I was done with the texturing and finalized the colors, I rendered the final product. 


Fig 5.2: Final render




Fig 5.3: Final render


Fig 5.4: Final render


Fig 5.5: Final render


Fig 5.6: Final render


Fig 5.7: Final render


Fig 5.8: Final project poster 





Comments

Popular Posts