DESIGN RESEARCH METHODOLOGY RESEARCH REPORT AND PRESENTATION


8 November 2019 -   29 November 2019 ( week 11 -  14)
Ahmed Baahy Suhail (0333925)
Design Research Methodology
Final Report and Presentation



LECTURES



INSTRUCTIONS




FINAL REPORT AND PRESENTATION

Week 12:

I was excited to see that all three experts have answered in great detail to my questions as well as reaching 189 responses from the Maldivian general public, making my research successful in terms of data collection. I then started to compile all the data into my Research Implementation slides. After doing so, I got feedback from my teacher to put a summary of the data collected for each research method either before or after the slides in regards to that particular data analysis. Thus, I made the amendments and submitted

Week 13:

After everything was prepared, I began to compile all the research that I did into a 5 minute presentation. It was hard to cut down all the information into such a short presentation. I also had to prepare for my presentation as I do not do so well infront of crowds and my previous presentations have never gone too well. It was important to me to manage my time in a way that I could prepare a speech for my presentation as well as gather everything that needs to be gathered. I had to memorize as I am not one that can just freestyle off the top of my head like some of my peers.

Week 14:

This was presentation day and I was lucky enough to be the 29th person to present, giving me more time to prepare my speech. I was reading my cue cards over and over for hours, and felt very prepared and confident to give my speech. However, when it was finally my turn, I started off well but soon went out of my practiced speech, which made me sidetrack from all that I had memorized. I also did not practice while flipping through the slides thus I managed to go to the wrong slides and I did not even realize it as I was so anxious and frozen that all I could think of was the eyes staring at me. I felt this way almost everytime I gave a speech and I should have expected this to happen but I genuinely felt ready and chose not to worry too much, 30 seconds into my speech and I got a sudden anxiety attack from not sticking to my cue cards. This made me freeze and make no sense in some parts. I saw my teachers reaction which made me even more embarrassed knowing I let her down. I just wanted it to be over and when it was, I felt relieved but very disappointed in myself. After class, I talked to my teacher and she said she understands and does know what I am capable of, and that at it is unfortunate what happened. Hopefully this mess up won’t affect my marks too much.

Here are the slides for the presentation:



Here is the final report for submission:





Comments

Popular Posts